Direct / Broadcast Remote Identification
New regulations are forcing pilots in the EU and US regions to make their drones digitally visible. We created Beacon, the add-on that makes drones instantly compliant with the latest DRI standards. Upgrade your existing drone, without the need to purchase a new aircraft.
Slap the Dronetag Beacon on and instantly enhance your drone with DRI capability. The tiny device transmits the drone location via Bluetooth up to 3km (1.86mi).
• European Union – ASD-STAN | Compliant with prEN 4709-002 which requires Direct Remote Identification for drones above 250g flying below 120 meters in the Specific Category.
• USA – ASTM | Compliant with ASTM F3411 which requires Broadcast Remote ID for all pilots flying out of FAA-recognized identification areas.
• Other Countries | As Beacon is only transmitting data via Bluetooth, it is usable anywhere in the world. All countries using ASD-STAN or ASTM standard are supported. Check your local rules.
16 Grams Packed with Technology
Dronetag Beacon is the bare minimum to fly your drone safe and compliant. With the size of 2 chocolate bar squares (16g / .56oz) Beach swing opens the door to the digital experience for drones of all sizes.
Everywhere, Every Time, Ever
Fit the Beacon to a nano-weight drone or large UAV. The unparalleled, 16 hours of battery life gives you enough time to accomplish the wildest missions. Re-closable dual lock fastener so strong that you can lift an average drone by it. Worldwide supported Bluetooth technology and the finest geolocation standards.
Dronetag App | Available On All Devices
Manage your devices, check the airspace zones, plan your flights, inspect airborne drones around with their flight itineraries, and notify other pilots about any airspace. All that in one app – the Dronetag App.
Show Your Drone On Flight Radar
Slap on this tiny beauty and let your drone fly safe and compliant. The sturdy 3D printed box packed with technology instantly enhances any drone with a DRI feature.
• All Data Snug and Secured: With over-the-air firmware updates and data encryption, your information will be safely and neatly organized in the mobile app.
• Mulitiple Geolocation Standards: Receiving signals from GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and SBAS for robust and reliable positioning.
• Instant Direct Remote ID Upgrade: Compliant with Direct / Broadcast Remote ID according to the prEN 4709-002 and ASTM F3411 standards.
• Internal Bluetooth & GNSS Antennas: With an option to add external Bluetooth antennas for better signal reception.
• Unparalleled Up to 16 Hours of Battery Life: Or use your drone as the power source for carefree flying without hustling to charge several devices.
• Worry-free Flight From Take-off to Landing: Beacon warns other closed-by pilots about potential dangers during take-off, landing, or when free-fall is detected.
• Precise Sensors Onboard: GNSS position estimation, pressure altitude measurement, and motion detection via accelerometer.
• MAVLink & DJI A3 Support: Professional DJI and Pixhawk flight controllers integration via our EXT port to connect to the drone's flight data.
• Short-range Radio: Bluetooth 2.4GHz
• Sensors: GNSS, barometer, accelerometer
• Positioning: GPS L1, GLONASS L1, Galileo E1, SBAS
• Built-in Antennas: Bluetooth and GNSS
• Optional Antennas: Bluetooth via MMCX plugs
• External Ports: 3.3V extension connector and 5V Micro USB
• Battery: LiPo 3.7V 200mAh
• Battery Life: 8-16 hours (depending on the configuration)
• Charging: 5V Micro USB
• Charging Time: 2 hours from a discharged state
• Average Current Consumption: 15mA
• Maximum Current Consumption: 100mA
• Enclosure: plastic
• Fastening Mechanism: 3M Dual-lock SJ4570
• IP Rating: IP43
• Operating Temperature: -20° to 60°C or -4° to 140°F
• Dimensions: 37 x 26 x 16mm (1.5 x 1 x .6in)
• Weight: 16g (.56oz)